Whether it is due to boredom, anxiety or hunger, if you do not have a great deal of willpower, you end up snacking between meals and usually it is not the healthiest of foods.
It is important to eat 5 meals a day so you do not feel anxiety leading up to the main meals.
Additionally, it is essential to take into account that the feeling of repletion takes around 20 minutes to reach our brain, thus it is important to chew well and slowly, since this benefits salivation, helping the food to reach our stomach correctly and enabling us to easily absorb nutrients.
But if you are still hungry, the trick consists of having healthy snacks ready to nibble on between meals.
- The king of the snacks is fruit, because it provides vitamins, minerals and fiber. It is filling and it provides necessary calories. It is recommended to eat 5 pieces a day.
- Tuna and crackers.
- Skimmed-milk, natural or Greek yogurt. You can add honey or cinnamon, and a piece of fruit like an apple or a banana.
- Vegetable, chicken or tuna sandwich.
- Whole-wheat bread with turkey ham, fresh cheese and tomato.
- Whole-wheat bread with cheese spread and Serrano ham.
- Boiled egg with avocado, onion and tomato.
- Peanuts, hazelnuts or other non-fried and non-salted nuts.
- Corn or rice cakes. And if the flavor does not tempt you, you could always add jam, a square of chocolate or some fruit.
- If you are pressed for time or you are going to travel back and forth, cereal bars are also a good alternative.
- Cookies, you can find them made from cereals, with fruits, seeds, rich in fiber, etc.
- Shakes with natural fruits.
The best thing is to prepare the snacks at home, alternating so as not to bore yourself with the same flavors and carry them with you, thus avoiding eating unhealthy food.