Properties and benefits of brewer’s yeast
Brewer’s yeast is a type of single-cell fungus that is used to produce beer. This foodstuff has a high content of proteins, minerals (phosphorus, potassium, iron and calcium) and vitamins in the B group (B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B8 B9 and B12). It also contains essential amino acids, indispensable for human life and necessary for the production of white and red blood cells.
It is rich in biotin (a vitamin important for the formation of hair, skin and nails).
Due to its contribution of chromium, it improves carbohydrate metabolism, increases musculature and increases the provision of energy, which is why many athletes include it in their diets. Due to its chromium content, this yeast is also associated with a reduction in postprandial glycemia and triglycerides and an increase in HDL.
Some of their properties are:
– Blood purifier, which is why its consumption is recommended for skin problems such as acne (except for extreme cases, for which it is better to go to the dermatologist).
– Improves nail and hair health.
– Improves our nervous system and, thanks to its content in B-complex vitamins, improves our mood.
– Due to its high content of proteins, vitamins and minerals, it is used to round out vegetarian or poor diets.
– Due to being rich in iron, it is also used as a dietary supplement to control anemia.
– Moreover, it helps regulate the intestinal function, because it takes part in restoring intestinal flora.
Do you need any more reasons to start taking it?