The importance of caring for our joints goes beyond whether or not we play sports. Anybody can suffer from joint problems, which may arise from our jobs, age, sport, or genetics, so it is something that we should bear in mind.
We therefore have some tips for you, so that you can protect your joints naturally.
- We must watch our body weight : This ranks number one for leading to mechanical overload and wear and tear. Gentle and prolonged exercise is the best choice compared to extremely intensive exercise, which can be inadvisable for people who are not accustomed to physical training.
- Physical activity: Strengthens our muscle structure, which protects the joints, thus preventing them from being subjected to undue or sudden wear and tear. This is especially important in parts of our body like the spinal column and lower back muscles, as well as the knees and muscles in the quadriceps.
- Take a day off: If you’ve decided to start exercising or you’ve already been training for some time, don’t forget to schedule in a day of rest, your joints will thank you for it.
- Maintain your ideal weight.
- Don’t smoke and do not abuse alcohol.
- Always remember to have good posture: If you are one of those people who spends long hours sitting at a chair for your job, who spends a lot of time standing up or doing a repetitive activity, remember that you should have good posture so that you don’t hurt yourself.
If you already suffer from a joint injury or are prone to weak joints, at El Naturalista we recommend that you try some of our natural products, which will help you protect your joints and improve your performance.
You can find them in drugstores and pharmacies throughout Spain, just ask your pharmacist for our products.